Now that we’re live and the gold rush is underway, we wanted to give you a bird’s-eye overview of how the program works, and where you can begin in getting your Androids games inventory out there on Samsung Apps, and earning money.
Register at 100% Indie
First things first. You need to register here at 100% Indie to kick the process off.
- Click the “Register” button in the top left corner.
- Enter a working email address, where you’ll be sent a verification message.
- Enter your name and select your country of residence from the drop-down.
- Click the “Developer” button.
- A “Company” option appears, so you can add in your studio’s name. It’s cool if you just want to operate under your own name, of course.
- Enter your existing game names, separated by a comma. These entries will appear in your account, and the names will be passed to the 100% Indie business development (Biz Dev) team.
- Click “Submit.”
You’ll get a verification email to make sure you’re real, after which our team will double-check your account authorization. This adds a small delay to registration, but we manually moderate all developer sign ups.
Checking the “Gamer” box signs you up to the website immediately and comment on posts, but this doesn’t put you in touch with Biz Dev.
You’re now a member of 100% Indie. Welcome aboard!
Once your Developer account has been authorized, a member of our business development team (Biz Dev, we like to call them) will get in touch with you directly. These are the guys who act as your conduit to a 100 percent revenue share on Samsung Apps.
- A Biz Dev email arrives, inviting you to send in your Android games for our initial vetting procedure.
- Send in your APK file, either by email or using a file sharing service (Dropbox, SendIt, etc) if it’s on the large side.
- Your game is tested against our submissions criteria.
- If your game is rejected, the team will let you know why. At this point it can be fixed by you, and sent back to your Biz Dev buddy.
- If your game is accepted, you’ll get an Invite Code. Let’s go look at Invite Codes!
Every game you submit through 100% Indie must be accompanied by an Invite Code. It’s this code that tells the Samsung Apps system which 100% Indie game is yours, and that it’s eligible for a 100 percent revenue share.
The code is linked to your game name, so it’s important to remember that whatever name you submit your game under to 100% Indie must be the same when you put it into Samsung Apps.
So, your game has passed. What now?
- Follow the link given to you by the Biz Dev team that takes you to the Samsung Seller site.
NOTE: This link is essential. It tells the Samsung Apps system that you’re inbound from 100% Indie. If you navigate to the Samsung Seller site by other means, you won’t be able to enter your Invite Code, and therefore you won’t get 100 percent.
- Sign up as a Samsung Seller. If you already have an account with Samsung Apps, you need to set up a new account (your bank details can be the same, but you’ll need a new email address).
- When you add your games to your Samsung Seller account, enter its name exactly as you did for 100% Indie. “An Invite Code” box appears.
- Enter that game’s specific Invite Code and complete the submission process.
Your game now passes through the standard Samsung Apps certification process, which is external to 100% Indie. Once it’s accepted and live on Samsung Apps, why not contact the editorial team to discuss the possibility of publishing your story through the site to build awareness of your great new Samsung Apps games?